If you are successful in obtaining an interview with us after you have completed your application in full, then we ask you to pay an application fee of £69. This goes towards the overall total of £329 upon placement and has to be paid before being interviewed by a member of AmeriCamp Canada staff. This application fee is used in order to show your commitment to taking part in the AmeriCamp Canada program. Please note that this is non-refundable after the interview.
Once you have completed your interview, your interviewer will write up your interview notes and attach them to your application. After this, you will then be asked to pay the acceptance fee of £99 and also complete all three references along with your application video. Once all of this has been done your application will then circulate over to our Camp Directors in Canada who are actively seeking amazing staff for this Summer! When a Camp likes the look of your application you will be put on what is called ‘review’. You may be asked to have a Skype or phone call with the Camp Director or you may get placed straight away!
Upon placement at a camp, you will be asked to pay your placement fee of £161. This has to be paid within 14 days of you confirming your placement. This covers securing your placement, and your medical insurance for the duration of your stay at camp.
An ACRO background check is mandatory and must be completed for anyone who works with children. If you have previously been employed in a child-orientated work environment you may already have one. It will need to be dated after 1st June 2018.
Dependant on which Visa option you decide to
take will depend on how much you pay towards
your Visa. If you are looking to apply for a working holiday
visa/IEC, the cost of this will be a set amount
of $250CAD. You can check eligibility and
requirements on the Canadian Government website. If you are looking to obtain the work permit through AmeriCamp Canada, the cost for this is $155CAD at the discretion of the immigration
officer at the border.
To participate in AmeriCamp Canada you will need a medical check from your GP. This will include a list of vaccinations and immunizations. Different GPs have different pricing plans. However, if your GP is charging more than £60 please contact us for advice.
We will help you with the booking of your flights and provide great deals through Invasion Flights. You have flexibility in booking your own flights, meaning you can change the date of your flight if plans change and only requires £99 deposit.
You may be asked to pay $7 to the Canadian Government, this is for the eTA. The eTA will allow you as participants to travel before or after camp. You will be exempt from paying this if you participate in the program on the Working Holiday Visa.
In light of the recent change in Canadian Law, some participants may be required to submit their biometrics, including photo and fingerprints. This can be done at the border when entering Canada.
Dependant on the camp you are placed at, your salary will vary from between $1600-$1900 CAD.
Based on a standard 9 week contract at a residential Camp, your salary will be as follows. With an additional $100 if you are considered as having a specialised skill. This will be determined by the AmeriCamp Canada team.
Support Staff receive a flat wage of $1800 regardless of age.
• Placement at one of the best camps in Canada.
• All meals covered whilst you work at camp.
• Free accommodation for the duration of your camp placement.
• Comprehensive medical insurance for the full duration of your camp contract.
• 24 hour helpline in the unlikely event you have any problems.
• Guidance with your Work Permit Application/Working Holiday Visa, which allows you to work in Canada and earn a salary.
• Flight flexibility and discounted flights.
• The opportunity to travel once you have completed your placement, you can do this by simply requesting this time when crossing the border.
• Full support throughout the application process.
• Access to discounts on our other fantastic programs.
• More money earned overall with us.
• Work opportunities following completion of summer camp placement in your domestic country.
• Personal help with your application at our AmeriCamp Canada HQ in Manchester if you require it.
• Brilliant and personal customer service.
• Fun orientations – we will make sure you are fully prepared for camp and will introduce you to people going to the same camp as you!
• Flexible local interview.
• Free T-Shirt.
• Discounted hoodies and t-shirts.
• Great addition to your CV.
• Invitations to AmeriCamp Canada reunions and events.
• Friendships that will last forever, all around the world!
• Fantastic work experience.
• Memories that will last a lifetime!