Third Party Costs
Work Permit/Working Holiday Visa – $155/253 (+ $85 Biometrics Fee)
Dependant on which Visa option you decide to take will depend on how much you pay towards your Visa.
If you are looking to apply for a working holiday visa/IEC, the cost of this will be a set amount of $253CAD. You can check eligibility and requirements on the Canadian Government website. If you are looking to obtain the work permit through AmeriCamp Canada, the cost for this is $155CAD at the discretion of the immigration officer at the border.
No matter which option you choose, participants are usually required to submit their biometrics, including photo and fingerprints. This can be done at the border when entering Canada.
Medical Check – £0-£60
To participate in AmeriCamp Canada you will need a medical check from your GP. This will include a list of vaccinations and immunizations. Different GPs have different pricing plans. However, if your GP is charging more than £60 please contact us for advice.
Flights – Vary
We can help you with the booking of your flights and provide great deals through Invasion Flights. You have flexibility in booking your own flights, meaning you can change the date of your flight if plans change and only requires £99 deposit.
Electronic Travel Authorisation Fee – $7
If you are entering Canada on a work permit you will be required to obtain an eTA before arrival at the Canadian border. You will be exempt from paying this if you participate in the program on the Working Holiday Visa.
Counsellors and support staff earn up to $1900 CAD
Dependant on the camp you are placed at, as a general counsellor, activity counsellor, or support staff, your salary will vary from between $1600-$1900 CAD.
All applicants earn a minimum of $1600 CAD
Unlike many other agencies, our salaries are not age dependent. All AmeriCamp Canada participants earn a guaranteed minimum of $1600 CAD.
As well as having an unforgettable summer in Canada, there are a number of benefits to the program:
- Placement at one of the best camps in Canada
- All meals accommodation included for the duration of your camp placement
- Comprehensive medical insurance for the full duration of your camp contract
- 24 hour helpline in the unlikely event you have any problems.
- Guidance with your Work Permit Application/Working Holiday Visa, which allows you to work in Canada and earn a salary
- Flight flexibility and discounted flights
- Pre-arranged travel to camp from your designated arrival airport
- The opportunity to travel once you have completed your placement
- Full support throughout the application process