Visa / Work Permit

Canadian Visa/Work Permit Application

In order to work in Canada during the Summer it is a requirement for participants to have the correct Canadian Visa, i.e. a Work Permit or a Working Holiday Visa.

Our dedicated in-house team here at the AmeriCamp Canada HQ have all experienced Camp first hand. This means we have in-depth, personal knowledge of everything needed to take part in the AmeriCamp Canada program!

Such is our dedication to ensuring that there are no problems with your Canadian Visa/Work Permit application. We are always on hand to help you with whichever option you choose. This is a special trip for you, and we want to make sure that it’s perfect!

The AmeriCamp Canada team are also available on +44 759 362 5099 and info@americampcanada.com to discuss any queries that you may have.

Check out your visa options below:

An Employer Specific Work Permit is applied for directly via AmeriCamp Canada. AmeriCamp Canada’s immigration lawyers will produce a comprehensive ‘Work Permit Package’ for you for just £50. You will then present this Package at the Canadian border where you will officially ‘apply’ for the Work Permit.

This permit costs $155 CAD, which is charged at the discretion of the immigration officer when passing through the Canadian border. You will also need to obtain an ETA before you fly to Canada which costs just $7 CAD.

NOTE: This process may be moved online for 2021. Our team will be sure to keep you informed with any updates throughout the application process.

A Work Permit covers you for working for one employer (your Camp) in Canada for the duration of your Camp contract dates. If you wish to travel after Camp, you will need to request additional travel time at the border.

This option is ideal if you are planning on arriving in Canada for the start of Camp and only planning to travel for just a couple of weeks after Camp. You are, of course, free to travel in the USA after Camp by obtaining an ESTA.

The cost of the IEC (International Experience Canada) is $256 CAD – a cost that is directly payable to the Canadian government once your application has been chosen from the pool. This permits you to work and travel in Canada for up to 24 months.

This option is ideal if you want to travel in Canada both before and after Camp and want to have the option of finding further work in Canada after Camp has finished. It also means that you don’t have to request travel time upon entry to Canada, as this is already included on your IEC.

There is only a limited number of these visas available each year and the Canadian Government selects applicants from the ‘pools’ intermittently throughout the season. This means that the earlier you apply for one of these, the better; however, the selection process itself is completely random.

Note: Only citizens of specific countries, including the UK, Ireland and Australia, are eligible to apply for an IEC. Please check your eligibility before applying for an IEC.

If you are unsuccessful with your IEC application, i.e. you haven’t been chosen from the pool 6 weeks prior to your departure date, AmeriCamp Canada can still get you a Work Permit before the start of camp (as long as you let us know!)

Did you know?

AmeriCamp Canada had 100% Visa Approvals in 2019.